(1) Gen 2:24 with Mat 19:5-6; 1Ti 3:2; Tit 1:625.2 Marriage was ordained for the mutual help of husband and wife,1 for the increase of the human race with legitimate children,2 and for preventing immorality.3
(1) Gen 2:18; Pro 2:17; Mal 2:1425.3 It is lawful for all sorts of people to marry who are able to give their rational consent,1 yet it is the duty of Christians to marry only in the Lord. Therefore those who profess the true faith should not marry unbelievers or idolaters. Nor should the godly be unequally yoked by marrying those who lead evil lives, or who maintain heresy.
(2) Gen 1:28; Psa 127:3-5; 128:3-4
(3) 1Co 7:2,9
(1) 1Co 7:39; 2Co 6:14; 1Ti 4:3; Heb 13:425.4 Marriage must not to be contracted within the degrees of blood relationship or kinship forbidden in the Word, nor can such incestuous marriages ever be made lawful by any human law or consent of parties so that such people may live together as man and wife.1
(2) 1Co 7:39; 2Co 6:14
(1) Lev 18:6-18; Amo 2:7; Mar 6:18; 1Co 5:1